Could Wives in Arranged Marriages be Happier?

We seldom hear any mention of arranged marriages in our society. Were someone try to make these arrangements for their child, it is very likely that some type of authority would be contacted for a form of abuse. However one study did find that women who are in arranged marriages are actually happier than women in marriages with men that they selected for themselves. The study found that women in an arranged married are much more realistic when it comes to dealing with romance and love and thus they can more enjoy the person that they are with. These women … Continue reading

Social Love?

In ideal situations, marriages are built around love. They are not prearranged or set-up based upon social status, political views, or financial means. To be success and healthy they should be built on pure and honest feelings. However, as we all know, not everything in life works the way that it was designed or meant to happen. While I am on a roll of discussing favorite movies, such as in my last article discussing Serendipity, I will throw another all time favorite out there Legally Blonde. In this movie, Elle is told that she is not the type of girl … Continue reading

Beneath a Marble Sky – John Shors

“Beneath a Marble Sky” is the first novel for John Shors, but I would not have guessed it. His imagery is stunning, his word choice nearly flawless – I would have credited this book to a much more seasoned novelist. The book is a historical fiction set around the building of the Taj Mahal. We have all heard the story of the king who loved his wife dearly and was heartbroken when she died, and so he created a mausoleum in her memory and caused it to be the most beautiful building on earth. Shors took that kernel of information, … Continue reading